What is UEX?
We are all young passionate people working for the growth of UEX one of the main Insurtech start up in Singapore. Our goal is to build Health insurance as it should be: personalized coverages subscribed 100% online, easy and paperless.
We are the only 100% online health insurance subscription platform in Singapore. Our mission is to leverage technology to make private & group health insurance simple, fast, efficient and personalized for our members.
Care is the new growth hacking! We provide a new digital experience to our members, with the right advice to protect their health and help them find the solution that matches best with their profile. Anyone can cover themselves and each member of their family according to their needs : no more, no less, in less than 3 minutes.
UEX is growing fast: we already raised S$ 1,3 million in early 2018 and we are in a new fundraising process. Our goal is to disrupt the way people buy insurance, and finally make it simple and understandable. And to achieve this, we are looking for brilliant and passionate individuals to join our global team
What we’re looking for?
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this internship may be perfect for you.
Your duties will primarily revolve around building a backend to support all our applications and integrate other partner's API by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive knowledge of programming languages and the software development life-cycle.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong programming knowledge in Python
- Experience with SQL database (especially PostgreSQL)
- Computer Science studies or relevant programming experience
Even better if you have:
- Development experience in building and deploying web and mobile-based applications, software design, and development in a cloud environment.
- Django framework & Panda library
- Experience in consuming and producing web services preferably REST
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience in source control systems such as Git