ClearMetal is a predictive logistics company that uses AI to enable supply chain transformation. The ClearMetal Platform solves the core data challenge that has long plagued retailers, manufacturers, and 3PLs. Its cloud-based software application leverages a fundamentally different approach and proprietary machine-learning technology to deliver true end-to-end supply chain visibility and inventory optimization. ClearMetal is based in San Francisco and funded by Prelude Ventures, Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, NEA, PSA Unboxed, DCLI, SAP.iO, and the founders of GT Nexus and Navis.
Backend Engineer Intern:
For this role, you should be ready to work on all aspects of ClearMetal’s backend. This includes everything from ingesting and analyzing new and unscoped data feeds to building out endpoints for our API to designing models for our data store (postgresql). You will be working in-depth across our stack, and can expect to exercise a number of different technical skills.
We're looking for engineers with the following qualifications:
- Previous professional experience as a backend engineer
- Professional experience with Python
- Experience with web servers and application server frameworks (Nginx, Flask, Apache, Django, etc.)
- Familiar with software development best practices like testing, code reviews, build processes, and source control.
Nice to have:
- Degree in CS or related field
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining HTTP APIs
- Experience with microservices and event-based architectures (i.e. Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS)
- Experience with Docker, and AWS (EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, IAM, etc.)
- Eager to learn new technologies and to hone your business knowledge