Mosss is looking for a full-stack software developer with a focus (strengths) on backend engineering, to join our small team. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies and frameworks and have autonomy in creating, testing and deploying web-based products. You will gain exposure to all aspects of a small tech company and interface with engineers, data scientists, and designers. If you join us on this journey, you will have a material impact on our future success.
Mosss is a venture-backed startup based in San Francisco. Our mission is to equip and educate design enthusiasts about great architecture and interior design. We feature amazing, world-class talent through interactive workshops and inspiring content online.Our team is a diverse team of designers, data scientists and engineers rethinking the future of design intelligence. Mosss' CEO is a former Architect trained at Harvard and Yale, and we have a Data-Science led Engineering team. We're supported by an investment team that has backed creative tools like Pinterest, Goop, Makerbot and 53 Paper. Join our growing team now and make an impact.
At Mosss, we strive to help people fulfill their unlimited potential through our work, which is our passion. When you work with us, you will feel the enthusiasm and commitment to our mission throughout everything we do. We are a creative, driven, entrepreneurial culture that is shaping the future of interior design through design intelligence. If you want to work in an inclusive, dynamic environment, where we encourage people to leverage their many talents, you will enjoy working here.
- Technical design and development of a platform for an AI-driven tool in the design space.
- Building an associated mobile-first website to support our events on premises.
- Updating and maintaining a set of APIs for 3rd party integration (mobile application, etc).
- Performing critical updates/maintenance to legacy systems while working on our new tech stack
- Integrate Shopify and Marketing Platform
- Implement lifecycle customer tracking through analytics
- Expert with modern PHP frameworks, especially Laravel
- MySQL Expert, good understanding of scalable database design principles and indexing
- Git proficiency
- Highly available and responsive with good communication skills and attention to detail
- Write Unit Tests
- Good production / deployment protocol and skills
- You’re a PHP expert with a strong understanding of MySQL, Linux (Ubuntu), and Apache and are familiar with memcache, ElasticSearch, and Gearman.
- You're comfortable with front-end technologies, even if it isn't your day-to-day.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Plus
- Experience with: Vue.js, Shopify APIs and plug-ins, Vimeo or O Authentication.
- Experience working in the design / education / media space
- Knowledge of APIs for Pinterest
- Understanding of marketing platforms and associated principles, and previous experience implementing them
- You’re passionate about building a great product.
- You are diligent, focused on quality, and sweat the details of your work.
- You love to work in a cross-disciplinary way with designers, data scientists