Meru Health is an online medical clinic for treating depression, burnout and anxiety (https://www.meruhealth.com/). Meru Health’s clinic provides a remote clinician supported treatment program that we deliver via a mobile app. We sell to large employers who offer our solution to their employees as a health benefit.
Our mission it build and easily accessible, effective, scalable solution without side-effect and treat 1,000,000 people on a yearly basis by 2025.
Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to do everything in our power to help people who suffer.
What we have achieved during the first 2 years?
- Meru Health was the 3rd ever Finnish company to graduate from Y Combinator, the most prestigious accelerator program for early stage startups. Y Combinator Alumni are valued north of 100 Billion and include companies like Airbnb, Reddit and Stripe.
- We have treated 270 people with extremely promising treatment outcomes (better than antidepressants or f2f psychotherapy)
- We have raised $2.2 million in financing from top European & Silicon Valley Investors (for example Lifeline Ventures)
- We work with leading global companies such as WeWork and Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Mehiläinen, Pihjalalinna, Heltti, Helsingin Diakonissalaitos and Atria who provide our treatment program to their employees as a health benefit.
-We have 2 research papers in peer-review and 2 clinical trials ongoing. Our Research partners include Stanford University, Finnish Student Health Service (YTHS) and Veterans Administration.
- Also, Meru Health has been able to form partnerships with leading industry associations including the American Depression and Anxiety Association (ADAA), National Alliance on Mental Ilness (NAMI) in the US & The Finnish Association for Mental Health in Finland.