Smartcar is the connected car API for developers. Our objective at Smartcar is simple: we want to make it fast, easy, and secure for developers to build apps that communicate with vehicles. We empower everyone — from startups to Fortune 500 companies — to create innovative experiences for connected vehicles.
At Smartcar, our goal is to make the experience of building applications for cars as effortless as possible. As our first Designer, you will shape how app developers build on Smartcar from the ground up and build the foundation for our creative team.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Own design at Smartcar end-to-end. Transform research and ideas into new features that delight our customers. Design detailed interactions and workflows needed to bring these features to life
- Build processes around creating and testing new designs
- Collaborate with our marketing and business teams for design consistency
- Work closely with our engineering team to implement the design into code
- Build personal and organizational empathy towards our app developers
- Contribute to our company strategy and decision-making around our products
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a collaborative, developer-focused design culture at Smartcar
Who You Are
- You have 2-5 years of experience as a Product Designer and have worked with in-house Product Design teams
- Experience designing cross-platform web-based interfaces
- Ability to design and ship products that have a technical user base
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A diverse portfolio with strong examples of product and interaction work
- Proficiency with one or more of the following: Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated love for an iterative design process and collaborating closely with engineers :)
- Experience with React and React component libraries is a plus
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.