Smartcar is the connected car API for developers. Our objective at Smartcar is simple: we want to make it fast, easy, and secure for developers to build apps that communicate with vehicles. We empower everyone — from startups to Fortune 500 companies — to create innovative experiences for connected vehicles.
At Smartcar, our goal is to make the experience of building applications for cars as effortless as possible. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will build, maintain and expand the Smartcar API platform.
We'd love for you to join us.
- Manage entire sections of our technical stack by taking projects from an idea to production
- Own and iterate on Smartcar's API platform including our: REST API, - --------- Authorization system, Infrastructure, and client SDKs
- Build secure and scalable web and API backends
- Collaborate with our engineering, and business team to create new features for our developers
- Instrumenting metrics for tracking API usage
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure high standards
Who You Are
- 1-6 years of experience building production web applications or backend systems
- Willing to be truly full-stack, as you will be making changes as wide reaching as front end components to AWS infrastructure
- Ability to balance shipping features fast with doing things the right way
- Have previously worked with SQL databases, such as: MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience using modern back end frameworks such as: ExpressJS (Node.js), Ruby on Rails (Ruby), Spring (Java), or Django (Python)
- Previous work designing and building APIs is a plus
- Experience using tools such as Docker and AWS
Smartcar is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.