Full Stack Developer
The Full Stack developers plays a key role in the testing of our groundbreaking app in the healthcare
industry. Ellipsis Health is a San Francisco-based startup focused on inventing a behavior health
vital sign using AI and machine learning.
We are looking for a strong backend engineer with Firebase/Node.js and Flutter/Dart experience to
join our team and build our services to support our mobile product and API endpoints. If you have an
architectural mindset, a collaborative spirit, and the desire to change the world, then this is the job
Core Job Responsibilities:
● Design and implement new backend systems which powers Ellipsis Health’s app on Google
● Design and implement mobile app in Flutter, Dart on iOS/Android and Web
● Debug complex problems, performance bottlenecks, scale issues
● Help with DevOps and rolling out systems across multiple regions
● Make effective trade-offs between iteration speed, functionality, performance, extensibility,
quality, and reliability to ensure that the business goals of feature, product and company are
● Lead feature team releases through full lifecycle - planning, design, implementation, prod
deployment, customer feedback, support, and maintenance.
● Choose the right technology (e.g. storage option or open source library) with no unnecessary
abstraction layers. Make pragmatic (often boring) technology choices at work and play in
your free time (or whenever it's appropriate). Don't build science projects just because you
are smart enough to build them.
● Proactively monitor system uptime and errors to drive us toward a high performing and
● BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
● Experience in Node.js, Firebase, Flutter, Dart with proven work products you can
share with us.
● Experience developing with Google Cloud APIs and Services
● Hands-on exposure to NoSQL databases as well as SQL databases: BigQuery.
● Knowledge of front-end web technologies, such as HTML5 and AJAX
● Can work under aggressive deadlines and scale up, experience with startups
● Strong problem-solving skills and practical application of data structures
● Strong experience in backend scalable application development using Node.js
● Excellent English communication skills
● Experience working in an Agile development environment
Nice to Haves
● Hands-on experience with deploying and managing apps on cloud - AWS
● Experience with Google Analytics