What we do:
CloudCath is redefining infectious disease remote monitoring for millions of patients globally.
Our SF based team just closed a seed round and we’re seeking excellent talent to join us leading
this exciting mission.
Patients rely on implantable catheters to insert/drain fluid from their bodies on a regular basis
to address multiple chronic/acute care conditions. Living with and managing this catheter in an
outpatient setting without continuous medical supervision can be quite daunting for patients
and results in multiple complications, most notable of which is infection origination.
Existing standards of care still rely on patients compliance with patient dependent non-data
driven infection monitoring methods (such as the newspaper test), a state we find out-right
unacceptable in 2018 with all this technological advancement at our disposal.
For our initial market - End Stage Renal Disease - the CloudCath device and real-time remote
monitoring platform will enable physicians to remotely detect any originating infections 6 hours
from origination, an order of magnitude improvement from the 5 days existing standard of care
average. We will save more than 3000 US lives annually from certain death (based on existing
infection driven hospitalization mortality rates) and $Billions in unnecessary hospitalization
What you do:
Our prototypes are very successful in our clinical trial currently happening in Guadalajara,
Mexico. Our core technology is clinically de-risked, driving our most recent funding round.
With the exception of on-chip firmware and a basic AWS setup for our data analysis work to
date, we haven’t begun coding yet. You will own building our V1 HIPAA compliant SW. This will
include total data flow from our hardware devices through our cloud-based ML infrastructure
to both patient and physician UIs.
This is not a simple execution based task, the level of product strategy,user-focusedd design &
documentation required for our FDA filing is daunting to most, and initially you will be doing
the majority of the work yourself. If this sounds appealing, congrats on an initial cultural fit and
we look forward to hearing from you (more traditional Job description below).
• Architect, design, and deliver the CloudCath Cloud service
• Solid understanding of SDLC (SW Dev Life Cycle) for FDA medical device applications
• Strong knowledge of security and protecting PHI (patient health information)
• Demonstrate the solid background in scalability and cost effectiveness
• Solid experience with AWS or equivalent cloud service
• Knowledge of interfacing to IoT sensors
• Experience in RESTful Web API design
• Web front-end design (Sufficient to manage contracted teams efficiently)
• Interfacing with HL7 for the exchange of EHR
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
• Initially roll up your sleeves and build it almost entirely yourself.
• Manage software team project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Design, implement and launch highly-visible, partner and end user serving features.
• Collaborate with the head of Electrical Eng. and Data Science lead on building a truly seamless product
that would integrate into senior patients’ & busy nurse practitioner lives effortlessly.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
and distributed systems.
• 4+ years of experience in web application development.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• 5+ years of experience developing user-facing software.
• Experience owning FDA submission packages.
• Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS etc...
• Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.