ASPIRE IS REINVENTING BANKING IN SOUTHEAST ASIA Today in Southeast Asia, 50% of small medium businesses don't have access to credit because banks do not make enough profit on small size loans. Through technology & innovation, Aspire small business owners, now they can access Fast and Small loans, and contribute to the real world. Aspire is an early stage FinTech startup accelerated by Y-Combinator (#1 Worldwide incubation program). At Aspire it's more than hiring the best talent, we believe that having the right person, leads to the creation of better product & services to the businesses we serve.
About the role:
At Aspire, we pride ourselves on building an amazing team. We are in need of an Laravel Back End Engineer who will help us build and strengthen the technology behind our product.
The right person takes initiative, likes to learn & deals with integrity. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work to make a difference to your community with talented & motivated team members in a diverse, energetic workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth, and advancement.
What will you be doing?
● Develop, record and maintain cutting-edge web-based Laravel applications on portal plus premium service platforms
● Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the User Experience (UX) team
● Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API
● Lead the entire web application development lifecycle right from concept stage to delivery and post-launch support
● Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
● Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
● Coordinate with co-developers and keep project managers well informed of the status of development effort and serves as a liaison between development staff and project manager
● Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
What you will need
● Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for (4) year(s)
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
● In-depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
● Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
● Software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat)
● MySQL profiling and query optimization
● Creative and efficient problem solver