Some additional keywords to emphasise:
- Solid understanding of math/statistics and how it can be used for Anomaly Detection (very different mindset from supervised ML).
- Experience in building web applications, especially in areas related to authentication
- Experience in Ruby programming language is a plus, but not necessarily required.
We are looking for an engineer to join our 7 person team, and help protect millions of users and companies from password hacks.
Although you will work on cutting-edge security challenges, this position is not a research position. You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Castle, including designing distributed systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our engineering team.
Our risk engine analyzes devices, locations, and interactions for every page these users browse to, processing tens of thousands of events per second. Our API needs the ability to return a fresh risk score in under 100ms to not slow down the login experience for the user.
What you’ll do
- You’ll write and ship production code on a daily basis
- You’ll be part of building out Castle’s next generation scoring pipeline from scratch
- You’ll become an expert in techniques used to compromise user accounts and implement ways to stop them
Who you are
- You have experience implementing machine learning algorithms at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- Preferably worked with anomaly detection and un- or semisupervised learning, and not intimidated by unstructured, unlabeled datasets
- You have machine learning code or work on open source to share with us
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Huge plus if you have worked in a Seed or Series A startup
- You are a grounded and humble person who takes your job seriously, not yourself. That’s it.
- Flexible vacation – take time off when you need it
- 10 year post termination option exercise window vs the industry standard 90 days
- 100% medical/vision/dental insurance coverage