Merkle reinvents data for blockchains. We are aggregating and interpreting public data and proprietary data to deliver value to crypto investors and blockchain-enabled businesses.
We are looking for a Quant trader and Data Scientist to develop trading strategies leveraging our proprietary data and third party data. The Quant will build out the Quant team from scratch.
i. Perform systematic statistical analysis to inform the definition of the data product and the prioritization of product features . You will iterate with Louis (CEO) and the PM.
ii. Develop predictive models to assess the predictive power of some data streams on key metrics (e.g., prices, volatility, spread, volume)
iii. Develop and backtest trading strategies
- Advanced degree in a relevant Quantitative field
- Quant trading experience in a top-tier financial institution
- Strong background in Statistics is a must. Ability to run and interate on analyses to deliver insights
- Strong background in time series forecasting
- Algorithm calibration and feature engineering
- Python, R, numerical and statistical packages
- Ability to build out and manage a team
- Strategic thinker, good at prioritizing
- Sharp communication
- Experience and interest with any blockchain technology (particularly bitcoin and ethereum) is a big plus.
We are looking to onboard an early employee that will make a difference with us and that will reinforce Merkle values:
i. We are dedicated to our clients
ii. We are psyched about innovation
iii. We are humble builders and leaders
iv. We are learning altogether
v. We believe in radical transparency
vi. We are a group of unique individuals
We hope it all makes sense and that you are already excited!