PolySign is a startup in downtown Oakland working on institutional custody for cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are an exciting emerging market, but security (custody) is the major problem preventing its mainstream adoption. As member of a small, world-class technical team, you can can have a huge impact on our solution and the success of cryptocurrencies.
PolySign is co-founded by Arthur Britto, a co-founder of Ripple (https://ripple.com/) , a recognized leader in payments technology.
What you'll do:
As a senior member of the team, you'll own the security system that forms the core of the PolySign custody platform. You will architect, build, and deploy this system from scratch in collaboration with other senior members of the team. You're expected to have a high bar for quality software that's well-tested, well-documented, and maintainable. You like coding clean, estimating and taking deadlines seriously.
You will also have opportunities to mentor junior members of the team, and help shape the engineering culture of the team as it grows.
* Deep expertise with C
* Experience working with resource-constrained systems
* Working knowledge of cryptography
Nice to have:
* Experience working with HSMs
* Experience writing cryptography libraries from scratch
* Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
* Experience with Python
Our key technologies:
* Backend: Python (gRPC, Tornado), C, postgresql, RabbitMQ, HSMs
* Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
* OS: Linux
What we offer:
* The opportunity to join a well-funded, cutting-edge financial technology company at a very early stage
* Competitive salary and equity
* Competitive medical benefits
* Flexible working policies: we work twice a week from home
* Smart coworkers who are crypto pioneers