Every year, half of a trillion dollars flow through pharmacy benefit managers, with more than 90% of that money running through systems designed in the late 80s running Cobol. Products built on top of these systems require tons of manual intervention, are result in unnecessary healthcare costs for consumers and employers. At SmithRx, we’re building a modern pharmacy benefit manager from the bottom up to change this.
Join Our Engineering Team
We’ve got a modern tech stack and are currently doubling the number of users we have monthly. On a day to day basis, we work in Node.js and React, while leveraging extensive testing, Docker, Rancher, CI and CD to help us iterate quickly and safely. Our emphasis on efficient tooling will become particularly important as we scale to hundreds of thousands of users and beyond.
- Write highly readable, fault-tolerant, and maintainable systems, and help the rest of the team do the same.
- Gain a deep understanding of the challenges that SmithRx faces, technical and otherwise; collaborate with other teams to identify, carry out, and iterate on effective solutions
- Be the cornerstone of a collaborative learning culture through code reviews, exploration of new technologies, and any other innovations you would like to experiment with
- Work cross-functionally to make sure all systems remain HIPAA compliant
Make pragmatic decisions about technical tradeoffs
- 5+ years working on server side applications, specifically around third party integrations and data processing, OR
- 5+ years working on consumer facing web applications
- Experience with relational or NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis.
- Production experience in Node.JS, restful APIs, microservices, git
- Experience working with AWS tools and Docker containers via Rancher a plus
- Experience in healthcare or other high availability real-time systems a plus