We have a long list of interesting infrastructure problems that are core to our product. Here are just a few of the technical challenges we face:
- Creating huge data infrastructure:
In order to train great models, our models need as much data as possible. We effectively want to build infrastructure to store every bit of textual data from every site (github, stack overflow, quora, twitter, etc) - including how it changes over time
- Designing scalable compute infrastructure:
Because we're constantly updating our models and learning more about people, we need a way to quickly run a model against 10M+ profiles. We're using AWS Lambda to quickly spin up thousands of CPUs to allow nearly instantaneous application of complex models to all of our data
- Knows how to hack things together quickly, how to build elegant, clean code, and the wisdom to choose between those approaches.
- Either experience mentoring junior engineers or experience architecting systems from scratch
- Appreciates our values—empathetic, thoughtful, and impact-driven
Our stack: Python, AWS, Lambda, PostgreSQL, React
Help us create a world where all 7 billion people work at jobs that they love, do things that they’re great at, and work for companies that are solving meaningful problems.