Oyalabs is looking for a senior Product Designer to join our small but growing team working to ease parents’ anxiety and still be the best parent they can be. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in UX research and design. Great plus if you’ve been a primary care-giver parent yourself and understand the joy and pain of being a parent.
As a member of Oyalabs’ design team, you will be working closely with other designers, engineers and product managers to conceptualize, design, prototype, test, and iterate on customer and product solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the design research process through identifying user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test and validate ideas, and refine designs with data and user feedback.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
- Identify and articulate business needs, build prototypes to test through user research, and refine solutions in the face of data and other findings.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Evangelize best UI practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Mentor other designers and researchers
Our ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years of experience working as a UX/Product Designer supporting the evolution of an iOS mobile app (startup experience preferred, the agile approach preferred).
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- B.A/B.S. in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, etc.)
- High-caliber product design skills. A deep understanding of user experience design, interaction modelling, typography, composition, and layout principles. Intimate knowledge of current digital design trends and conventions.
- Experience in early stages of product development, iterating feature ideas with prototypes, doing user testing for desirability and usability; quantify results and make decision with product managers based on data.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Experience and efficiency with standard design tools like Sketch, Photoshop and Invision.
- Ability to discuss your work confidently connecting it to larger strategic objectives as well as clearly articulating tactical and execution details.
- A willingness to jump in and do what it takes to help the team achieve results.
- An online portfolio demonstrating selections of your professional work.