Apply for VTT's Postdoc opportunities in Clean Energy!
Are you interested in advancing Clean Energy solutions and looking for Postdoctoral opportunities? Do you want to help us in achieving sustainable, secure and affordable energy solutions? Would you like to join us in revolutionising the energy system, industrial energy use or transport? We are now seeking several Postdoctoral Researchers to join our Clean Energy transition!
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Get to know us further by exploring VTT's tech & infra.
We are looking for several Postdoctoral Researchers to join us in developing clean and sustainable energy solutions, analysing energy systems, addressing emissions and environmental concerns, and developing innovative technologies and materials for a more sustainable future!
VTT started 2023 a Postdoc programme to develop new ways to support scientific excellence and to strengthen career paths from universities to VTT. We want to provide development opportunities for recent university PhDs in applied research and industry collaboration. As a Postdoctoral Researcher at VTT, you will have the opportunity to focus on scientific work (e.g. publishing, and mentoring junior researchers), and you are able to make an impact on our customers and society. Our researchers work closely together with industry, often in interdisciplinary research groups. VTT has excellent research infrastructure and internal services to support your research work.
We at VTT provide world-class scientific and technological expertise for creating the energy innovations of the future and building clean energy systems. With us, you will have the opportunity to address environmental and energy challenges, striving for a more sustainable and environmentally friendly future. Finland is a frontrunner in many areas of future energy technologies, such as smart electricity networks, green hydrogen, and sustainable mobility. Come and build the future of clean energy with us!
We have several open positions in different research areas. If you are interested in joining us, find below information about our current job openings in the Clean Energy related topics, and apply for the positions from the links below. We warmly encourage you to apply if you spot a position that might be suitable for your background and interests!
Smart energy and built environment research area:
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Social science and humanities in clean energy transition - Apply by 28 November
Mobility and transport research area:
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Electrification of Transport - Apply by 3 December
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Clean engines - Apply by 3 December
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Non-exhaust emissions of vehicles - Apply by 3 December
Industrial energy and hydrogen research area:
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Hydrogen - Apply by 3 December
Foresight and data economy research area:
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Data Spaces for Smart Energy - Apply by 4 December
Biomaterial processing and products research area:
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Emission free pulping - Apply by 3 December
Knowledge driven design:
- 3-4 Doctoral Researcher positions, Hydrogen-metal interactions - Apply by 3 December
What we offer you:
- Science with an impact. At VTT, we seek to solve large societal challenges and drive a sustainable future through applied research and innovation. With us, you’ll get to work on research projects that make a concrete, positive impact in the world. Read more about our strategy, the path of exponential hope, and our organisational culture as the builder of the world's most meaningful place to work.
- Support for your postdoc research. During your postdoctoral term, we offer training in project management, scientific writing, communication, and commercialisation. You’ll have the opportunity collaborate with industry on projects, access our research infrastructure and internal support services, explore interdisciplinary research, and secure funding for your postdoc term. At VTT, you’ll enjoy flexibility and independence in your work, with a blend of academic research and engaging customer projects for an exciting career path.
- Open culture of innovation. We have 80 years of experience in science-based innovation, a strong international reputation and global networks. We work truly across disciplines, and house all the cutting-edge sciences from quantum computing to synthetic biology under one roof. At VTT, you’ll join a community of over 2200 multidisciplinary experts who foster a culture of trust, openness and sharing knowledge. Collaborating with amazing colleagues is a source of learning, inspiration, and fun.
- Nordic work–life balance. Working in Finland, the happiest country in the world, enables a great quality of life. At VTT, we make our people’s well-being a strategic priority. We offer 6 weeks paid vacation a year, and our benefits include extended occupational healthcare, and a range well-being services, such as exercise and culture benefits and hobby clubs. Read more about the benefits of living in Finland and VTT’s support for relocation.
Apply now and join our Clean Energy Transition!
More about VTT Clean Energy Transition topics
- Smart energy and built environment
- Mobility and transport
- Industrial energy and hydrogen
- Foresight and data economy
- Industrial chemistry
- Biomaterial processing and products
- Knowledge driven design
Working at VTT
Want to know more about what it is like to work at VTT? Check from the video what is the purpose of Rakesh's work with energy system modelling, Mika's work with wireless, 5G and 6G technologies and Emma's work with sustainable supply chains, and what kind of impact their work has!
Didn't find a suitable role? You can leave us an open application below, but we highly recommend applying via the positions listed above. We review open applications, and if we spot a potential opportunity for you, we will reach out to you to continue the discussion.
These positions will be in a project funded by European Union's NextGenerationEU instrument.
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have 80 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Please see our other open positions and read more about us from our career pages.