Framery is constantly beating the odds in the soundproof pod industry. It all started with Framery, and the Finnish success story continues with the next generation of phone booths, Framery One, the world’s first connected acoustic pod.
New products require new skills and competences. To ensure that the magic in soundproof pods happens in the future with smart and connected digital systems, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. It is time to digitize the industry we pioneered! Have a look how we will do this on our tech site.
What we offer you
We are building our entire team from the ground up and are looking for smart and skillful tech professionals to create new technology to improve Framery’s world class products. The infrastructure is already there, now we will develop it to be the smartest and the best in the industry.
As experts in happy workplaces, we take the well-being of our employees very seriously. Framerians come first and customers are a very close second. We operate in a self-directed, and transparent way and cherish a low hierarchy. You can work where you feel most at ease, thus, you can choose whether to work in our office in Tampere, at home or anywhere else in Finland. Therefore it is important that you feel good about working in a remote geographically dispersed team.
During your journey at Framery you will be supported by a talented team in Framery’s unique culture, get the tools for your needs and provided with company benefits such as healthcare, lunch and well-being benefits, free-time accident insurance, Framery Hobby concept etc.
In this role you will
- Have a crucial role in building data centric software products and services that create customer value
- Research and validate data analytics and insight concepts defined together with business and technology stakeholders
- Develop further the data processing pipelines, data lakes and databases our services are using
- Develop internal reports and dashboards with PowerBI and Quicksight
- Work to ensure the good data quality and robustness of data pipelines
What we expect from you
- Experience from using modern cloud services for data processing or warehousing
- Good Python and R skills
- Some hands-on experience from working with following services: AWS Glue, Spark, AWS Athena, PostgreSQL, AWS Lambdas and AWS Step Functions, or their equivalents in other cloud services
- Familiarity of working with IoT device data is considered as a plus
- Previous experience from working with different sensor data is considered as a plus
- Experience from using statistics or/and machine learning to find insights from telemetry type of data mass
- Previous experience from scrum and agile software development
- Experience from working in a remote geographically dispersed team
- Good spoken and written language skills in English, Finnish skills is considered a plus but not required
You don't yet have to be an expert in everything above but we expect that you are capable of becoming one.
Are you ready for the challenge?
We’d love to hear about your experience and what rocks your world. Submit your CV and links to any work samples in our recruitment system by 21st of December 2022. Join us to revolutionize the whole industry - you won’t regret it!
Framery – Serious about happiness.
Happiness is the reason why Framery exists and is at the heart of everything we do. Our products including pods, phone booths and soundproof private spaces solve noise and privacy issues in open offices, making employees happier and more productive, and saving time, space and money. Today over 40% of Forbes top 100 companies have happier workplaces because of Framery Pods, and the number is growing fast.