Full Stack Developer
Staying healthy is one of the top priorities in human life. Nightingale Health is combining the power of an in-house developed, advanced blood analysis technology with unprecedented access to global health repositories and world-leading medical research. With this, Nightingale goes beyond the traditional healthcare and wellbeing tools to help prevent future diseases and maximize healthy years.
At Nightingale, we're all about people who, rather than just repeat and secure the old, want to create something new; people who love to learn more to be able to build something better, something meaningful – lifelong health for everyone.
Our team comprises of people from various backgrounds—data scientists, software developers, marketing and salespeople, designers —all striving towards empowering people to live healthier lives.
We are continuously looking for enthusiastic Senior Full Stack Developers to join one of our software development teams in Helsinki. Our teams of talented and experienced software developers are working on Nightingale’s direct-to-consumer services, and services offered together with Nightingale’s partners in different markets.
Who we are looking for
In this role, you will be part of agile software development team and get to work with our digital services in different projects. You will develop our mobile app, web services, backend (handling user-management, API’s and database), or customer services implemented together with Nightingale’s partners.
The development work is genuinely multi-functional and combines expertise from many fields ranging from epidemiology and data science to service design and UX. Your exact responsibilities can be tailored based on your previous experience and interests.
Technologies you will be working with:
React, TypeScript, Node.js, React Native, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Hasura, AWS, Docker.
You are likely to thrive and flourish when you:
- Have at least 3-5 years of hands-on full stack and/or mobile development experience.
- Have a pragmatic and proactive attitude and you are all about producing good, testable, and high-performance code.
- Enjoy working with customer interfaces and developing custom-made solutions in different channels in a rapidly changing environment.
- Are eager to learn new things.
- Thrive in a diverse environment where teams work towards a common goal.
- Enjoy teamwork and taking ownership.
We also value if you:
- Have experience with any of the following: React, Node.js, React Native, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, TypeScript
- Are familiar with npm, Git, Docker, AWS
- Can implement CI systems and automated testing.
- Meaningful, pioneering work that offers you the opportunity to constantly develop your skills.
- A unique opportunity to work in an international and multidisciplinary team of scientists, developers, designers, and biotech business experts.
- A flexible and informal working environment with both professional office capabilities as well as remote working possibilities.
- An industry competitive compensation package.
- Premium health and travel insurance (valid during and outside working hours) on top of the mandatory occupational health package.
- Full fringe benefits for health and well-being, including massage, dental care, commuting, sports, and culture.
- An in-house chef and café that serves warm lunch every day at our Helsinki HQ.
- Team get-togethers.
- Interest clubs from running to music (we have an in-house band!).
Got excited? If you identified yourself with the description please send your application soon as we are reviewing applications continuously!
Also, don’t hesitate to contact us at people [at] nightingalehealth.com if you have any questions regarding the position, team, or the company itself! Please note that we don't accept applications sent via e-mail.
Want to find out more about the company?
Here is what your future colleague appreciates about Nightingale:
“For me it is important to work with a company that operates with integrity and produces high quality products using the latest technologies and best practices. I love that Nightingale strives to keep the codebase updated instead of relying on outdated legacy systems. During the interview I was excited about Livit app, because it is such a practical product and I would use it myself. At Nightingale, I have the possibility to work at health-tech company without any medical certifications or background.”
–Krišjānis Strods, Software Developer
Learn more about us:
Nightingale Health Oyj
Nightingale Health is the Preventive Health Company. Staying healthy is one of the top priorities in human life. Our health has a profound impact on our quality of life, and it’s also strongly connected to the lives of those close to us. Health is, eventually, about all of us – healthy citizens have the power to fuel entire societies to prosperity.
Nightingale Health enables prevention by combining the power of our in-house developed, advanced blood analysis technology with unprecedented access to global health repositories and world-leading medical research. With this combination, we go beyond the traditional healthcare and wellbeing tools: We provide the scientific connection to multiple health and disease outcomes and the ability to predict future healthy years.