We are looking for temporary Human Resources Manager to cover for parental leave absence.
MSF Finland is a young and dynamic humanitarian organisation in Finland which has grown a lot in the last years, with good and solid human resource management in place. Our HR management supports primarily our Finland based staff and the recruitment of our international aid workers. We aim for efficient, manager driven HR and as HR Manager you will have leading role in this objective.
As the HR Manager, you are responsible for the overall management of the HR strategy and its implementation as well as annual planning and budgeting related to HR. You support the organisational needs in HR advice and the management of people, their development and learning. You are responsible for the implementation and development of HR policies and ensuring processes are in place and optimally adapted to the needs of the organisation.
You act as the focal point for all working environment issues and actively promote wellbeing and safety of our personnel.
As HR Manager, you report directly to Country Director and are a member of MSF Finland Management Team. Also, you work in close collaboration with other members of the office as well as HR professionals in MSF partner sections globally.
What can you expect?
- Professional, motivated team of experts (22 in office & growing number of fundraisers)
- Good and solid HR management foundation with functional systems and commitment from managers
- Healthy workculture, which needs constant attention and support
- Diverse and multileveled positions, ranging from strategic to operational
- Opportunity to develop young organisation's HR management and be part of a management team's strategic working
The position is temporary due to parental leave, starting preferably by mid-May 2023 and covering until beginning of September 2024. Monthly salary for this position is 4 193 euros. We offer wellness allowance, lunch benefit and free time accident insurance. Weekly working hours are 37,5. We have flexible hybrid model with required presence at office when needed (e.g., team meetings, management team meetings).
Want to know more? Please contact our Country Director Linda Konate at +358 44 724 7387 on 20.3.2023 at 13:00-14:00 Helsinki time or on 23.3.2021 at 12:00-13:00.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate has at least 3 years of HR generalist experience and has preferably worked previously as HR Manager, HR Advisor or HR Business Partner. As we have only one person working in HR in our office, you need to have proven capacity to perform diverse and varied HR duties ranging from strategic to operative and administrative. Most of our HR processes are manager driven so you need to ensure that our managers have right tools and support to succeed in this.
We hope that you enjoy having a diverse and broad responsibility, have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to solve demanding situations. As you support managers in various HR topics, coaching skills are a big plus. You are genuinely interested in people’s wellbeing and support our organisation's friendly and compassionate atmosphere.
- Strong commitment to humanitarian principles and values
- At least 3 years of HR experience, preferably working as HR Manager, HR Advisor or HR Business Partner
- Proven capacity to perform wide range of HR duties ranging from strategic to operative
- Ability to prioritise and proactive approach to development
- Experience in supporting managers and handing HR related concerns and situations
- Relevant academic degree
- Excellent English skills, Finnish is not mandatory but an advantage for the daily working ways
- Experience in NGO HR Management
- Experience in international aid work (assignment based) HR administration
- Swedish, especially if you do not have Finnish language skills
Lääkärit Ilman Rajoja
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization. Our work is guided by principles of impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide lifesaving medical care where it is needed most. Our Helsinki office was established in 2018 to support international humanitarian work.
We promote equality in our recruitment. We welcome applications from applicants of all ages and backgrounds. Our office is accessible.