Summer trainee, international event organization, ICOS ERIC
Do you want to be a part of an organisation that produces relevant information for understanding climate change? We know that the global warming is caused by the rising amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, of which majority is being caused by us people.
ICOS, Integrated Carbon Observation System, is a European research infrastructure that measures greenhouse gases to better understand climate change. The data is being used by scientists as well as by governments and international organisations in their efforts to solve challenges caused by climate change. ICOS is publicly funded, by its 16 European member countries. The head office is in Kumpula, Helsinki.
ICOS is organising its 6th ICOS Science conference in September 2024 in hybrid format: near Paris, France, and online. Mainly related to conference preparations, ICOS is now looking for two Summer Trainees for summer 2024. You will be located in the Head Office in Helsinki, and report to the Head of Operations at ICOS.
The job starts in late May, lasting to mid-September 2024. 1-2 weeks of summer holiday can be arranged, but otherwise it is a full-time job.
Your job includes:
• Assisting with management of conference abstracts, registrations and industry representatives in our Vendor expo
• Assisting in virtual conference platform management
• Assisting in Social Media content creation
• Participate in the on-site running of the conference in France the week of 9th-13th September 2024
• Some involvement in practical matters and events related to Horizon Europe-funded projects during the summer
A successful summer trainee candidate has:
• Fluency in written and spoken English is crucial – and French is a large bonus
• Systematic and organised ways of working and ability to tolerate also routine tasks
• Familiarity with using online systems; such as web content management systems
• Some experience and skills in producing content, such as text or pictures to websites and other channels
• Good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint, basic skills in image processing.
• 2-3 years of studies in Communications, Marketing, business, or media in a university or in an applied university level
Familiarity with scientific conferences, experience in organising (online, physical or hybrid) events and in (online) customer service or light financial tasks are advantages. Also the ability to produce content, both visual and written, for web and social media is an asset.
As a person, you have a positive mindset, can-do -attitude and you feel comfortable working in English in an international environment. You are self-oriented and learn new things quickly, especially new digital tools. You work in a structured way and possess good organizational skills.
We offer you:
• Opportunities to grow and learn and to develop event management and communications together with the team
• A possibility to use your skills while using your energy for a good cause
• An international ICOS team with good team spirit and colleagues supporting each other
Monthly salary is within range of 1800 to 2000 euros, plus covering the travel costs to Paris, France for the event.
Location: Kumpula, Helsinki
Work extent: Full-time for the summer period, including two weeks of September. The conference takes place 10-12 September and most hectic are the few weeks before it.
Starting date: According to agreement, preferably in late May or early June 2024.
You can ask for additional information about the trainee roles from Elena Saltikoff at ICOS ERIC, on Friday 2nd, 9th and 16th February between 12-14, tel. +358 50 5933791.
How to apply?
If you recognized yourself and are interested in this position, leave your application through the apply-link latest on 25th February. We are conducting this recruitment in collaboration with Accountor´s Recruitment Services.
When applying, please include a short motivation letter and your CV. Please note that we can only accept applications sent to the recruitment portal. Applications sent in through other channels will not be considered.
For more information about ICOS or the Science Conference, please visit icos-ri.eu.
The Integrated Carbon Observation System, ICOS, produces standardised data on greenhouse gases, which is essential in understanding and mitigating climate change. Our data is being used by scientists as well as by governments and international organisations in their efforts to solve challenges caused by global warming. ICOS research infrastructure is funded by 16 European countries and has its Head Office of ca 18 persons in Kumpula, Helsinki.
The recruitment is carried out in cooperation with Accountor Recruitment Services. We recruit professionals for expert, manager, and executive roles. We assist our clients with recruitment assignments, candidate assessments, and we coach our clients in good recruitment policies and processes. We help our clients develop their employer image. We also aid our clients in situations of change when employees need to be supported in outplacement matters.