Do you want to have your work seen by half of the Finnish population? Do you want to help the best journalists in Finland to excel in their job?
Sanoma News&Feature Media digital development team is looking for a Junior Android developer to work on our news applications such as Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Aamulehti and Satakunnan Kansa. The role is adjusted per applicant, so you may be either in the beginning of your career, or have already some work experience.
In this role, you would be participating in the development of major new features to our Android apps using modern technologies, such as Jetpack Compose.
Your focus would be mostly in creating the new features, participating in the planning and in keeping the apps in a good shape. You would be closely collaborating with other developers, designers, backend developers and testers. We require good communication skills, teamwork attitude and ability to cope well under pressure and with uncertainty.
We appreciate experience in most of these
• Kotlin (Coroutines, Flows)
• Android Jetpack libraries
• Jetpack Compose
• REST apis
What we offer
• Opportunity to hone your skills as a mobile developer, performance optimizer and a solver of hard technical problems
• Open culture that supports your development and embraces constant improvement
• Large-scale business critical software development environment to develop your skills
• Workplace located either in Tampere or Helsinki, hybrid office/remote way of working model
Interested? Apply now or ask for more information from Jyrki Hokkanen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Harri Virtala (email@example.com). This position is fulfilled when a suitable candidate is found.
Applicants may be required to undergo a security clearance in accordance with the Security Clearance Act (726/2014).