Master’s Thesis Worker, eXtented Reality (XR) application and its interfaces for future remote operations
Are you all about science and technology? Would you like to work in a meaningful role with real responsibility and excellent learning opportunities? Do you want to work with superb colleagues who are experts in their field to drive a sustainable future and tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning, and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Get to know us further by exploring VTT's research infra at VTT World.
We are now looking for a Master’s Thesis Worker to join our Human, Robot, and Mixed Reality Solutions team in Tampere. Join us - and let’s make an impact together!
Our team, Human, Robot, and Mixed Reality Solutions, works on research and practical proof-of-concept development and experimentation. We study and develop extended reality (XR) applications in research projects and customer projects e.g. European Space Agency. Please find out more about our work on YouTube. In addition to XR, our team works with robotics with e.g. Boston Dynamics’ SPOT robots.
As a Master’s Thesis Worker you will:
- Define and implement a modular system for XR applications to connect various systems (e.g. ROS, MQTT, Kafka)
- Define and implement modular UI components for data visualization XR
- Report the study as the thesis and a conference paper
The scope and extent of your thesis will be defined more in detail in cooperation with you. You will have an opportunity to affect the scope, too, according to your interests and previous studies and experience.
Who we are looking for:
- You have good general coding skills. We appreciate knowledge and experience regarding some of these: C#, Python, Unity3D game engine, and messaging bus systems e.g. ROS, MQTT, or Kafka.
- You have good social skills as the work will be done as a part of a project team.
- You have good written and spoken English skills, but Finnish skills are not mandatory. The thesis will be written in English.
- Computer sciences and/or 3D graphical design are examples of possible study background that suits well for this work.
As a person, we hope that you are:
- Have good collaboration skills but are also willing and capable of independent work
- Are interested in research and working with practical XR applications
- Willing to learn new things
With VTT, you’ll enjoy:
- Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organization, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science, and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy, the path of exponential hope, and our organisational culture as the builder of the world's most meaningful place to work.
- Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, young professionals' skills are appreciated and supported by the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You'll discover our community of over 2100 experts representing more than 50 nationalities working across cutting-edge areas of science and technology.
- Meaningful projects, real responsibility. At VTT, young talents can take on meaningful research projects or support researchers' work. We treat young talents as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work-life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application (with your transcript of records) via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 6th of December 2022. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate. The starting date can be negotiated according to your preferences and situation in studies.
Interested and want to know more?
For further information, please contact Principal Scientist Kaj Helin tel. 040 847 9351, email@example.com 28-30.11. at 9-16.
We look forward to hearing from you!
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have 80 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Please see our other open positions and read more about us from our career pages.