Process engineer / Senior process engineer, plasma etching
Are you interested in microelectronics and looking for a new job opportunity in the field of plasma etching? Would you like to develop innovative technology with superb colleagues who are top experts in their field? Do you want to work at the interface of the academy and industry? Are you enthusiastic about working with fascinating projects in state-of-the-art research facilities? VTT might be just the place for you.
We are now looking for Process engineer / Senior process engineer to join Fab operations in Espoo
You are responsible for plasma etching process area. Your tasks include finding critical process parameters, understand process capability, process window and yield. You implement quality control procedures for the plasma etching process area. You will handle monitoring, design rules and characterization of the process and take the responsibility for the tool instructions, training, and investments.
In this versatile role, you will work with specific projects as well as develop plasma etching capabilities in the entire fab. You will develop new processes in close collaboration with research scientists and process integrators developing new devices and technology platforms. You support cleanroom operators and other equipment users and collaborate closely with tool maintenance, operations and quality assurance teams. You're working in the process engineering team in Fab operations.
Who we are looking for:
Ideally, you have a degree in physics, chemistry, or materials science and experience working in engineering/research role in a semiconductor/microelectronics fab or otherwise acquired equivalent expertise. You have an understanding of plasma etching processes and general knowledge of MEMS/microelectronics manufacturing processes. You have worked closely on projects that have demanding requirements for quality and traceability.
You have some relevant work experience in
- plasma etching including understanding of process parameters
- surface characterization methods
- statistical methods
- working in either R&D or commercial microelectronics field.
In addition, we consider following skills and backgrounds as a clear asset
- background in materials science; physics and chemistry
- skills in electrical engineering
- experience and knowledge on LEAN and six sigma methods
As a person, we hope that you are:
As a person, you are systematic, precise, and patient. You demonstrate strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills and communicate clearly within the organization. Working language is English, good knowledge in Finnish is clear asset.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application with your salary request via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 3rd of December 2023. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to hear more?
Contact Heini Saloniemi - Process Engineering Manager for more information on Mon 20th or Thu 30th of November at 13-14 o’clock by phone +358407334719 .
We look forward to hearing from you!
Employment type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Tietotie 3, Espoo
With VTT, you’ll enjoy: / What we offer you:
- Visionary work in technology. We offer positions at the cutting-edge of technology and engineering from next-generation microelectronics and quantum technology to automation and robotics, energy systems, and more. Our research agenda is dedicated to creating sustainable growth by solving systemic and technological challenges, so your work will go towards creating a real, positive impact. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- Fascinating projects, excellent research environment. Our researchers get to work on a combination of cutting-edge academic research and applied customer projects, both locally and internationally. At VTT, you’ll have state-of-the-art research facilities at your disposal, such as Micronova, the Finnish research infrastructure for micro-, nano-, and quantum technologies.
- Great career opportunities, superb colleagues. At VTT, excellence in research is a strategic priority. We offer long-term positions and stable career paths in top-level research. People tend to stay with us for over 10 years since there are always new roles and responsibilities to grow into. Collaborating in a cross-disciplinary community with superb colleagues is a source of learning, inspiration, and fun.
- Support for your well-being. Our people are our main asset, so we take good care of them. We aim to nurture great team spirit and leadership and offer versatile well-being services to enable a good work-life balance. On top of 6 weeks of paid holidays, we offer exercise and culture benefits, hobby clubs, and voluntary well-being services such as meditation programs and training on cognitive ergonomics.
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have 80 years of experience in cutting-edge research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Please see our other open positions and read more about us from our career pages.
A security clearance procedure may be conducted during the recruitment process.