Project finance Trainee
Are you passionate about business and people? Would you like to work in a meaningful role with real responsibility and excellent learning opportunities? Do you want to work with superb colleagues who are experts in their field to drive a sustainable future and tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning, and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2200 brilliant minds focuses on creating impact through science-based innovation. In recent years, we have created ground-breaking innovations such as the world's fastest and most accurate radiation detector, a cancer-sniffing sensor device for smartphones, and a headphone set entirely made of microbial materials. Get to know us further by exploring VTT's tech & infra.
We are now looking for a Trainee to join our Project Finance team. Join us - and let’s make an impact together!
Our Business Support is looking for team member who will be working in project finance providing finance and administration support for projects.
As a Project finance Trainee, your role will be handling projects’ financial matters together with the Project Managers during the whole life cycle of the project.
The traineeship duration is altogether 3-6 months with ideal starting date in April.
What would your responsibilities as a Trainee include?
- Setting up and maintaining the project data in the systems
- Following project costs
- Guidance and support project managers in financial and administrative issues
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with can-do attitude and service-mindset. You might have already gathered some experience in the field of finance, but your attitude and ability to learn new things counts for much more than previous experience. In your studies, you have focused on financial administration or similar studies.
You carry out tasks in a persistent and precise way. We are looking for a person who is proactive, enjoys versatile tasks and can adapt to a changing work environment. In addition, you have good interpersonal and communication skills, both in Finnish and English.
With VTT, you’ll enjoy:
- Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organization, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science, and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy, the path of exponential hope, and our organisational culture as the builder of the world's most meaningful place to work.
- Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, young professionals' skills are appreciated and supported with the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You'll discover our community of over 2200 experts representing more than 55 nationalities working across cutting-edge areas of science and technology.
- Meaningful projects, real responsibility. At VTT, young talents can take on meaningful projects or support others work. We treat young talents as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work-life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV and application (with your transcript of records) via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 2 April 2023. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Interested and want to know more?
For further information, please contact Manager, Project finance services Noora Hyytiäinen, email@example.com, +358 401 427 320 on 17.3 at 14-15, 22.3 at 11-12 or 24.3 at 11-12.
We look forward to hearing from you!
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have 80 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Please see our other open positions and read more about us from our career pages.