Sanoma Media Finland (SMF) is the leading media enterprise in Finland. We operate at the heart of the fast-paced media world. We develop digital services and create innovations for Nelonen Media, Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, and tens of other leading media brands.
We are now looking for a senior data developer to help us merge the Nelonen media data to our core data and to extend the data backend used in analytics and reporting. The data includes well-known brands like Supla audiobook- and podcast logs, Ruutu video logs, payment cards. The objective focuses on modeling and transforming (ETL with SAS DIS) data in a cloud data warehouse to our core data in the same environment. Our experts also take care of the development and continuous operations of Sanoma infrastructure and business applications.
The business objective delivery is one of our B2C Data Platform main objectives. The role requires strong skills with enterprise data warehouses (such as Amazon Redshift), an understanding of ELT/ETL, and code-based Big Data ingestion and loading approaches. Some development background will make the task easier, as will knowing how to create effective readme -documentation. Public cloud knowledge is not a requirement even though we are a fully cloud-native team.
We are looking to achieve three key objectives:
· Enabling us to deliver the data use case, mainly the data back-end to reports and analytics
· Establish documentation practices, defining the specification artifacts needed for building on top of this new data
· Improve the Enterprise Data Warehouse data asset, information architecture, and data modeling
· You know how to model data assets for data warehouses, data processing
· You know how to document implementation specifications for business report development
· You know how to design and create documentation for both technical and business processes
· You have excellent skills in creating appropriate documentation for the intended use
· You are fluent with using Jira and Confluence (including Confluence Draw.io)
· Written and verbal communication skills both in English (documentation will be in English and the teams are multi-cultural), with Finnish skills preferred
· Knowledge of master data management is a plus
· Management of Technical writing practices: planning of the documentation, user and task analysis, sourcing and organizing data, document versioning and testing, receiving feedback as well as the development of the document and the ways of working based on the feedback
· Sourcing data from various sources (old documents, technical information, process descriptions, and charts) as well as interviewing the SME’s
· You are proactive and search for the information actively to gather needed data
· Producing precise, user-friendly data models, schemas, and flow/process charts with text that follows the grammar
o Consistent terminology and structure of the document
o Consistent and concise
Sanoma Media Finland is the leading Finnish cross-media company and a forerunner in the digital transformation of media. Our brands deliver relevant, inspiring and captivating content across media channels and reach almost every Finn every week. Our Tech&Data organisation is operating at the very heart of the fast-paced media world. We have 100+ experts of IT and data based in different cities in Finland.
We develop digital services and create Innovations for Helsingin Sanomat, the leading daily newspaper in Scandinavia, Ilta-Sanomat, the market leader in digital and mobile news, regional media Aamulehti, Satakunnan Kansa and a large number of local and regional newspapers as well as beloved lifestyle brands. Nelonen Media is the leading entertainment house with an extensive video, audio and event portfolio.
We have an open culture and have flexible hybrid working model. You can develop your know-how with versatile responsibilities and our wide education opportunities.Our workplaces are located in the heart of Helsinki and Tampere.
Our mission is to offer Finnish media content also to next generations.