News & Feature Media digital development team is specialized in developing large scale business-critical digital news products for consumers together with business & product owners, designers and other stakeholders.
About the role
In this role, you will
- Write high quality, maintainable code and release it as well working features
- Perform peer reviews and participate in technical discussions both at the team level and product level
- Participate in internal and/or external developer communities
- Contribute to technical planning and backlog management
- Help investigate and resolve production issues
- Mentor and empower other people around you
In our belief, we find the following characteristics important to succeed in the job.
- Experience. 5+ years of software development experience. You are well versed web development and can manage also in the cloud.
- Web development. Programming languages are only tools, but you have most experience in the areas of Node.js, TypeScript, React and optionally Next.js.
- Backend development. If needed, you can work with JVM languages, namely Scala and/or Java. On databases, you understand the characteristics of relational and key-value databases, and have used MySQL or PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB or others.
- Cloud development. You can work yourself through in the cloud infrastructure. We are using AWS with CDK/CloudFormation, but your experience can be also from GCP or Azure.
- Technical leadership. As a member in the team of developers, you have been enjoying the opportunities to take the responsibility to support others and make technical and architectural decisions.
- Willingness to learn. As new, interesting, and better technologies evolve, you have the willingness and demonstrated capability to learn new things quickly and share your learnings with others.
We have an open culture and have flexible hybrid working model. You can develop your know-how with versatile responsibilities and our wide education opportunities. Our workplaces are located in the heart of Helsinki and Tampere.
Could this be the role for you? It’s easy to apply, so do it now or ask for more information from Harri Virtala (email@example.com) or Jyrki Hokkanen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This position requires a work permit and permanent residence in Finland. Applicants may be required to undergo a security clearance in accordance with the Security Clearance Act (726/2014).
Sanoma Tech & Data
Sanoma Media Finland is the leading Finnish cross-media company and a forerunner in the digital transformation of media. Our brands deliver relevant, inspiring and captivating content across media channels and reach almost every Finn every week. Our Tech&Data organisation is operating at the very heart of the fast-paced media world. We have 100+ experts of IT and data based in different cities in Finland.
We develop digital services and create Innovations for Helsingin Sanomat, the leading daily newspaper in Scandinavia, Ilta-Sanomat, the market leader in digital and mobile news, regional media Aamulehti, Satakunnan Kansa and a large number of local and regional newspapers as well as beloved lifestyle brands. Nelonen Media is the leading entertainment house with an extensive video, audio and event portfolio.
We have an open culture and have flexible hybrid working model. You can develop your know-how with versatile responsibilities and our wide education opportunities.Our workplaces are located in the heart of Helsinki and Tampere.
Our mission is to offer Finnish media content also to next generations.