Senior project manager, Kvanttinova pilot line
Are you enthusiastic about running a fascinating pilot line project with a superb team?
VTT is one of the leading applied research organizations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. In recent years, we have created ground-breaking innovations such as the world's fastest and most accurate radiation detector, a cancer-sniffing sensor device for smartphones, and a headphone set entirely made of microbial materials. Get to know us further by exploring VTT’s research infra at VTT World.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to lead Kvanttinova pilot line project in Espoo
Kvanttinova is a major initiative to boost the competitiveness of microelectronics in Finland. An industry-driven piloting and development facility next to VTT’s Micronova. VTT will set up a pilot line in Kvanttinova building. Your task is to lead the planning of the pilot line, including the tool procurement to opening of the pilot line for VTT and our customer activities. This project will give you a strong role and visibility in a Finnish and European microelectronics and quantum technologies.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Kvanttinova pilot line project (four-year, total budget 130 million euros) throughout the entire execution, ensuring scope, budget and timeline are met.
- Managing the project from planning phase thru procurement, cleanroom layout planning, installation and process ramp-up.
- Managing the tool procurements together with process engineers and researchers
- Interfacing with the construction project team and providing input for cleanroom and facility planning.
- Ensuring the cleanroom layout corresponds to needs.
- Reporting project progress internally and to funding bodies.
- Collaboration with the ecosystem companies to build the future activities in the pilot line.
- Interfacing with partners in Europe to build a collaborative network and bring VTT’s offerings at the forefront of Europe.
- Leading the project team and supporting in resolving technical issues.
- Ensuring project quality standards are met.
- Participating in preparing new offering and projects.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a several years project management experience.
- Experience on process / automation line installations, equipment planning and procurement.
- Experience of working on maintenance, facilities or in a commercial semiconductor industry, cleanrooms, fab environments are considered as a plus.
- Experience of working closely with customers with demanding requirements for quality and traceability is considered a plus.
As a person, we hope that you are:
A person with great problem-solving and communication skills. We hope that you have a hands-on mentality, good collaboration skills and are able to great strong relationships with your colleagues, collaborators, clients and other stakeholders. We appreciate curiosity, passion as well as the ability to take the long-term perspective and find beyond-the-obvious solutions.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Please send your CV with your salary request via our recruitment system at the latest by Sun 3rd of December 2023
Interested and want to know more?
For further information, please contact: Vice President Microelectronics Tauno Vähä-Heikkilä, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 40 758 7941 on Thu 23 Nov 2023 9:00-10:00 or
Head of Fab operations Oliver Pabst, email@example.com, +358 40 1602 136 on Thu 30 Nov 2023 15:00-16:00.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please see our other open positions and read more about us from our career pages.
A security clearance procedure may be conducted during the recruitment process.