Software Engineering Trainees
Framery is constantly beating the odds in the soundproof pod industry. It all started with Framery, and the Finnish success story continues with the next generation of phone booths, such as Framery One, the world’s first connected acoustic pod.
New products require new skills and competencies. To ensure that the magic in soundproof pods happens in the future with smart and connected digital systems, we are looking for Trainees to join our Software Engineering team in the summer of 2023.
What does the Software Engineering team do?
The team improves the Framery experience by integrating digital technologies into the physical space. It also provides insights and analytics that help businesses make decisions informed by data science. Ultimately, the team discovers, develops, and integrates new digital technologies based on your ideas that will forever change how the world works. All that we’ve achieved so far is a result of the way we approach what we do. Our work is driven by innovative thinking, supported by thorough research, and crafted with great design.
Your tasks as a Software Engineering Trainee
At Framery you have a great opportunity to put your theoretical knowledge into practice in our software development projects. We have various roles open - have a look at the possibilities and check whether you find an interesting position for you.
Web Development Trainee
- In this role, you will work in the product team developing customer-facing web solutions
- Technologies we use are React, Next.js, Python, Flask, and various AWS services
Embedded Software Trainee
- You will work in the product team developing the software that runs inside Framery's physical products on hardware tailored for us
- Technologies we use include Qt, Linux & FreeRTOS to name a few
- As a Data Trainee, you will work in a team focusing on the data we gather from the fleet of Framery products and turning that data into analytics and insights
- Tasks can include working with algorithms to capture data from sensors or working with visualizations of data, or anything in between
- Our data processing engine is built with AWS tools
Quality Assurance Trainee
- You will work in a team responsible for ensuring that the software we release is high quality
- You will perform manual testing, create test cases and develop test automation
What we expect from you
- Applicable M.Sc. or B.Sc. studies
- A solid understanding of the basics of software development
- Self-motivated and able to work toward deadlines and targets
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Any relevant work experience is seen as an asset
You are the person we’re looking for if you are curious to learn more and always ready to share your knowledge and skills with the people you work with. You are a team worker but also efficient on independent tasks, and your English language skills allow you to communicate efficiently in our multicultural environment.
The positions are full-time and fixed-term until the end of August 2022. The start is negotiable.
How to apply?
Please send your application through the link on this page as soon as possible, latest on the 5th of February 2023. We will screen the applications already during the application period and the position will be filled as soon as the right person is found. Please mention which role(s) you are interested in your application.
If you have any questions regarding the roles, please contact the following Framerians during the following time slots and if you are wondering what being a trainee at Framery is like, read our previous trainees' thoughts here.
Web Developer Trainee role, Jani Mäkelä (+358 50 376 1719)
- Friday 13.1. 13.00-15.00
- Friday 20.1. 12.00-15.00
- Friday 27.1. 12.00-15.00
Quality Assurance Trainee role, Alexander Sagalovski (+358 50 380 4013)
- Mondays (9.1, 16.1, 23.1, 30.1) 15.00-17:00
Data Trainee and Embedded Software Trainee roles, Veikko Lindberg (+358 50 540 6887)
- Wednesday 11.1. 13.00-14.00
- Thursday 19.1. 14.00-15.00
- Wednesday 25.1. 15.00-16.00
Framery – Serious about happiness.
Happiness is the reason why Framery exists and is at the heart of everything we do. Our products including pods, phone booths and soundproof private spaces solve noise and privacy issues in open offices, making employees happier and more productive, and saving time, space and money. Today over 40% of Forbes top 100 companies have happier workplaces because of Framery Pods, and the number is growing fast.