Team Leader, Commercial Project Finance
Do you have a strong leadership potential with passion for motivating and developing people? Are you interested in working in Business Support among various research and development projects? Would you like to use your expertise to drive a sustainable future while working in an inspiring community at the cutting edge of science and technology? VTT might be just the place for you.
VTT is one of the leading research organisations in Europe. What unites us at VTT are curiosity, a passion for learning, and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2000 brilliant minds is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. In addition to researchers, we employ a large pool of diverse professionals, who support the execution of high-quality research. Get to know us further by exploring VTT’s research infra at VTT World.
We are looking for Team leader to our project finance services.
As a Team Leader, you support and coach your team, which is specialized in VTT’s commercial projects. Team´s goal is to provide professional project finance services effectively throughout the whole project life cycle on financial and administrative matters.
· Leading and developing your team and making sure they have the adequate skills and resources to succeed in their work
· Ensure effective execution and high service quality
· Strong participation in developing processes, tools and instructions
· Collaboration with VTT`s Business Areas, Commercial Operations, Business Support and other relevant stakeholders
We expect you to have
· Strong interest and motivation towards team leader role and leadership (previous experience from a management role is an advantage but not mandatory)
· Finance related degree (e.g. BBA or Master) or applicable work experience
· Experience in project lifecycle and project finance related activities
· Experience /participation in process improvements and development
· Knowledge in versatile tasks related to finance
· Strong proficiency in Finnish and English
As a person
You strive to inspire and coach people. You help your team to succeed and reach their goals. You have the ability to see the big picture and a hands-on approach to delivering results. You have process and project management skills combined with customer-oriented developing mindset.
With VTT, you’ll enjoy:
· Work with a strong purpose. At VTT, you’ll get to use your professional expertise to help solve the greatest challenges of our time through science and innovation. Our research agenda is dedicated to creating solving systemic and technological challenges, such as reaching carbon neutrality andcreating superior digital systems. At VTT, you’ll get to do your part in driving this meaningful change through your own professional skills. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
· An inspiring community. VTT houses all the cutting-edge fields of innovation from quantum technology to synthetic biology under one roof. As a professional at VTT, you’ll get to witness and influence the future of science and technology as it happens.
· Career and learning opportunities. As a scientific expert organisation, we put a lot of emphasis on learning and development, and support our people in reaching their full potential. People tend to stay at VTT for more than 10 years, as we offer opportunities to develop and grow into new responsibilities. If you’re curious, ambitious and willing to learn, VTT is the place to take your career to the next level.
· Support for your well-being. Our people are our main asset, so we take good care of them. We aim to nurture great team spirit and leadership and offer versatile well-being services to enable a good work–life balance. On top of 6 weeks of paid holidays we offer exercise and culture benefits, hobby clubs, and voluntary well-being services such as meditation programmes and trainings on cognitive ergonomics.
Interested and want to hear more?
For more information about the position, please contact Noora Hyytiäinen, Manager Project finance services June 22th 14-15 or June 28th 11-12, Mobile: +358 40 142 7320
We are looking forward to hearing from you, so please send your CV and application with salary expectation as soon as possible via our recruitment system, or July 3rd at the latest. We will process applications as they come in and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Espoo, Tampere, Jyväskylä, Oulu
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have 80 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together.
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Please see our other open positions and read more about us from our career pages.