Sanoma Media Finland is the leading Finnish cross-media company and a forerunner in the digital transformation of media. Our brands deliver relevant, inspiring and captivating content across media channels and reach almost every Finn every week. Our Tech & Data organisation is operating at the very heart of the fast-paced media world. We have 100+ experts of IT and data based in different cities in Finland.
We develop digital services and create innovations for Helsingin Sanomat, the leading daily newspaper in Finland, Ilta-Sanomat, the market leader in digital and mobile news, regional media Aamulehti, Satakunnan Kansa and a large number of local and regional newspapers as well as beloved lifestyle brands. Nelonen Media is the leading entertainment house with an extensive video, audio and event portfolio.
The News & Feature Media digital development team is specialized in developing large scale business-critical digital news products for consumers together with business and product owners, designers and other stakeholders.
Our mission is to offer Finnish media content also to next generations.
As a Test Specialist, you will be an integral part of our development team and play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our digital products (for example Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Aamulehti and Satakunnan Kansa mobile news apps and Ilta-Sanomat Supersää weather mobile apps). You have passion for quality and you are committed to ensuring that our products meet high standards and customer expectations.
In this role, you will:
- Test mainly mobile applications on iOS and Android platforms but also help in other testing areas in News development
- Design, develop and execute test plans and test cases
- Identify, analyze and report defects and issues
- Work with developers to debug and resolve issues
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Experience in software testing
- Knowledge of iOS and Android ecosystems and their possibilities and challenges
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Patience and attention to detail
- Curiosity and creativity to look for new ways to test and identify potential issues
The working language in our development teams is English so strong written and spoken English skills are necessary. In this position also Finnish language skill is required as the products we publish and develop are in Finnish.
Experience in test automation and test practices in agile software development are a plus in this position. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills will help you to succeed in this role.
We have an open culture and have a flexible hybrid working model. You can develop your know-how with versatile responsibilities and our wide education opportunities. Our workplace is located at Sanomatalo in the heart of Helsinki.
Could this be the role for you? It’s easy to apply, so do it now or ask for more information from Marika Nummikaski (email@example.com).
This position requires a work permit and permanent residence in Finland, Finnish language B level is preferred. Applicants may be required to undergo a security clearance in accordance with the Security Clearance Act (726/2014).
- Occupational healtcare
- Lunch benefit
- Sports, culture and well-being benefit
- Sanoma club (hobbies and free-time activities)
- Personnel discounts from Sanoma products