VTT Summer of Changemakers: Market Analyst Trainee, Business Intelligence, International Affairs & Policy and Strategy
Do you want to start changing the world for the better next summer? Are you passionate about business and people? Would you like to develop your skills and use them to tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you. Apply now for VTT Summer of Changemakers 2023 traineeships. Together, we can turn these challenges into a hopeful future.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2100 brilliant minds from 50 different nationalities is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Now, we are looking for passionate changemakers – you – to join us as summer trainees.
Do you want to be our next Market Analyst Trainee?
We are looking for a Trainee to support our Business Intelligence and International Affairs & Policy teams. In this position, you get to learn about the operating environment, trends, weak signals, macroeconomics, policies and legislation, data collection process, and information analysis, by taking part in the teams’ services and projects.
As part of the VTT’s Strategy unit, Business Intelligence and International Affairs & Policy teams help VTT gain insights into their processes and decision-making with diverse information analysis. The Business Intelligence team coordinates the external information flow and analysis, such as trends, industry news, and market data. The International Affairs & Policy team promotes the development of a favorable operating environment for VTT, acquires and analyzes information on the development of policies and legislation, and acts as a constructive partner with strategic domestic and international stakeholders.
In these teams, you get to work closely with your team members as well as other internal stakeholders, to create an understanding of the various elements of the operating environment.
We expect you to have:
- Relevant master's level studies (e.g. data science, information management, futures studies, business, economics, marketing, engineering)
- Some work experience related to data, analytics or market research (internships or summer jobs)
- Strong interest to work with data, analysis, multichannel and omnichannel discussions
- Good team working skills
- Good PowerPoint and Excel skills and experience with processing large amounts of data and combining different databases
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Finnish is an advantage
As a person, we hope that you are:
- Open-minded, innovative, solutions-oriented, result-driven, business-minded, proactive, analytical mindset, excited to see research results turn into commercial solutions
- Team player, good collaboration skills, willing to work independently and in pairs
- A people-person with good networking and communication skills, outgoing and professional attitude
- Self-driven, well-organised, practical hands-on, interested in learning new things
- Comfortable with data handling, analysis, and report building.
The ideal VTT Changemaker is a curious mind, who is eager to develop and take on new challenges. We appreciate ambition and willingness to learn over having all the answers or skills ready when you start. You are also a team player with strong collaboration skills who wants to drive positive impact in the world.
What would we offer you?
- Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organisation, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, your skills are appreciated and supported with the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You’ll get to discover our community of over 2100 experts representing more than 50 nationalities working across cutting-edge fields of science and technology.
- Meaningful projects, real responsibility. With us, you get to take on meaningful projects and create innovative scientific and technical solutions. We treat all employees as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work–life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
What is like to work with us solving the biggest challenges of our time? Check from the video what kind of experiences Aymara, Daniil, Eric and Isabella had from their summer traineeships and what kind of change did they drive.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Come, curious minds and clever changemakers! Prepare your CV and cover letter, and send in your application with your transcript of records via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 5 February 2023. Let’s change the world for the better next summer.
All VTT Summer of Changemakers traineeships are paid and the duration is usually between 3 and 6 months. The exact starting date and length of the traineeship can be discussed. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Please read more of VTT Summer of Changemakers from here: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/summer-changemakers
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Eveliina Jutila, Team Leader, Market, and Patent Analysis, Business Intelligence (tel +358 50 574 5618) on 13.1.2023 between 14-17 and 31.1.2023 between 14-17.
The interviews will take place during weeks 6 and 7.
We look forward to hearing from you!
VTT is one of Europe's leading research organisations, a visionary innovation partner for businesses and society. We bring hope to the world by turning the greatest challenges of our time into sustainable growth with cutting-edge science and technology. We employ a community of over 2100 world-class problem-solvers across fields of science and business. You can familialise yourself with VTT's research infra from here.
VTT – beyond the obvious
Currently, we have over 40 truly meaningful and versatile traineeship positions open! See other summer trainee position from VTT Summer of Changemakers 2023 pages.