VTT Summer of Changemakers: Research Trainee, Connectivity Networks
Do you want to start changing the world for the better next summer? Are you all about science and technology? Would you like to develop your skills and use them to tackle the greatest challenges of our time? VTT might be just the place for you. Apply now for VTT Summer of Changemakers 2023 traineeships. Together, we can turn these challenges into a hopeful future.
VTT is one of the leading applied research organisations in Europe. What unites us are curiosity, a passion for learning and a purpose: to solve the biggest challenges of our time and turn them into sustainable growth and well-being. Our cross-disciplinary community of over 2100 brilliant minds from 50 different nationalities is focused on creating impact through science-based innovation. Now, we are looking for passionate changemakers – you – to join us as summer trainees.
Do you want to be our next Research Trainee in our Connectivity Networks team? Join us - and let’s make science work for hope next summer!
As a research trainee, you will be working within our team with our experts, thinking beyond the obvious, together. Above all, we seek a person motivated and interested in learning new things and facing new challenges.
Our team does research and development in current and future connectivity network technologies, solutions, and applications. We work on international and domestic research projects together with leading companies and visionary people. We want to create a safe and sustainable, connected, society.
What would your responsibilities include?
- You will participate VTT project team focusing on cellular IoT and LPWA technologies, working and reporting the findings both orally and in writing as a part of the VTT team
- Participate in the IoT test system realization including hardware and software installation and measurement system setup
- All tasks will be supervised and supported by VTT experts.
Who we are looking for?
- Basic knowledge about network technologies and architectures of IoT.
- Basic knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Basic programming skills e.g. Python and shell scripting
- Any hands-on experience with IoT development kits or evaluation boards is welcome
- Good written and spoken English skills
As a person, we hope that you are:
- We hope that you have good collaboration skills, but it is also important that you are willing to work independently and can carry out your tasks on your own under the guidance of your supervisors. We hope that you are eager to learn new things.
- We appreciate the ambition and willingness to learn over having all the answers or skills ready when you start. Having technology as a hobby is not a bad thing.
The ideal VTT Changemaker is a curious mind, who is eager to develop and take on new challenges. We appreciate ambition and willingness to learn over having all the answers or skills ready when you start. You are also a team player with strong collaboration skills who wants to drive positive impact in the world.
What would we offer you?
- Impactful work for the future. As a leading applied research organisation, we are on a mission to bring exponential hope to the world by joining together people, businesses, science and technology. We tackle the biggest challenges of our time – from climate change and resource sufficiency to industrial renewal and smart healthcare – and turn them into sustainable growth. Read more about our strategy – the path of exponential hope.
- Career opportunities, top-level mentors. At VTT, your skills are appreciated and supported with the opportunity to learn from the top experts in their field. You’ll get to discover our community of over 2100 experts representing more than 50 nationalities working across cutting-edge fields of science and technology.
- Meaningful projects, real responsibility. With us, you get to take on meaningful projects and create innovative scientific and technical solutions as part of our Connectivity Networks team. We treat all employees as equals and give you real responsibility from the start. VTT is a caring employer that supports your growth and work–life balance and offers a range of well-being services.
What is like to work with us solving the biggest challenges of our time? Check from the video what kind of experiences Aymara, Daniil, Eric and Isabella had from their summer traineeships and what kind of change did they drive.
Apply now and join our community of brilliant minds!
Come, curious minds and clever changemakers! Prepare your CV and cover letter, and send in your application with your transcript of records via our recruitment system as soon as possible but at the latest by 5 February 2023. Let’s change the world for the better next summer.
All VTT Summer of Changemakers traineeships are paid and the duration is usually between 3 and 6 months. The exact starting date and length of the traineeship can be discussed. We will process applications as they come in, and fill in the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Please read more of VTT Summer of Changemakers from here: https://www.vttresearch.com/en/summer-changemakers
Interested and want to hear more?
For further information, please contact Jyrki Huusko (email@example.com) or Jukka Mäkelä (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to hearing from you!
VTT is one of Europe's leading research organisations, a visionary innovation partner for businesses and society. We bring hope to the world by turning the greatest challenges of our time into sustainable growth with cutting-edge science and technology. We employ a community of over 2100 world-class problem-solvers across fields of science and business. You can familialise yourself with VTT's research infra from here.
VTT – beyond the obvious
Currently, we have over 40 truly meaningful and versatile traineeship positions open! See other summer trainee position from VTT Summer of Changemakers 2023 pages.